He's "the Man." Everyone in the whole neighborhood goes to him for whatever they need. "I'm the one they come to see because they all believe me." "All you gotta do is pay me every week." He has a connection that could get the drugs to you whenever you need it: specifically, he'll tape a couple kilos to "the bitch stomach" so that "she look like she got a bun in the oven for me." His connection is so fluid you could get kilos every week, which is pretty frequent in terms of weight in drugs.
Did you know?
- "Believe Me" was featured on XXL's 25 Best Songs of 2014 (So Far).
- As of August 28, 2014, "Believe Me" has reached number 4 on the US Rhythmic chart, number 7 on the US Hot R&B/Hip Hop Songs Chart, number 26 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and number 13 in Germany.
- Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. was born on September 27, 1982, and grew up in the Hollygrove neighborhood of New Orleans, Louisiana. He is better known by his stage name Lil Wayne.
- In 1991, at the age of nine, Lil Wayne joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label.
- Although Wayne and Birdman have a father-son relationship and Birdman calls Carter his son, Wayne's biological father and names sake (Dwayne Carter) is still alive.
- Carter was enrolled in the gifted program of Lafayette Elementary School and in the drama club of Eleanor McMain Secondary School.
- At McMain Magnet School, Carter was an honors student, but he dropped out at the age of 14 to focus on a musical career.
- In a CBS interview with Katie Couric, Wayne described why he goes by the name "Wayne" instead of his given name. "I dropped the D because I'm a junior and my father is living and he's not in my life and he's never been in my life. So I don't want to be Dwayne, I'd rather be Wayne." Couric asked Wayne if his father knew of this and Wayne replied with a smile, "He knows now."
- When he was 12, he played the part of the Tin Man in his middle school drama club's production of The Wiz.
- At age 12, he accidentally shot himself with a 9 mm handgun. An off-duty police officer named Robert Hoobler drove him to the hospital.