The singer sees a beautiful girl from across the room and can’t stop starin’. They make eye contact and he can tell she’s as interested in getting together as he is. He wants to know what she’s doing “Later on” and hopes that they can get together to “Spend a couple hours just gettin' to know each other out there in the moonlight glow."
Did you know?
- As of September 13, 2014 “Later On” has peaked at number 13 on the US Country Airplay chart, number 21 on the US Hot Country Songs chart, number 87 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart and number 88 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Taste of Country gave the song a positive review, describing it as a "burst of fresh air" in which the brothers deliver a fairly average vocal but prove themselves "capable storytellers" and "full of energy."
- The Swon Brothers are an American country music duo from Muskogee, Oklahoma, consisting of Zach Swon (born February 21, 1985) and Colton Swon (born August 17, 1988).
- In 2013, they finished in third place on the fourth season of NBC's The Voice. They were the first duo to make it from the Top 12 live shows to the season finale.
- On November 1, 2013, the Swon Brothers signed a record deal with Arista which is part of the Sony group. They released their first official single, "Later On", the following month.
- The brothers started performing when they were children, touring with their parents' Southern gospel group Exodus, and performing in various local events and stages.
- In 1995, the Swon Brothers’ parents formed a family-style variety show in Wagoner called Westwood Music Show, where the Brothers performed songs ranging from Elvis to Frank Sinatra, as well as starting to perform in the country music genre.
- In 2007, Colton Swon auditioned for the seventh season of American Idol (aired 2008) and reached the Top 48.
- Both Zach and Colton also appeared as contestants in 2007 on a local TV show Gimme the Mike.
- They have cited The Eagles as their musical influence.