Stay With Me
After a one night stand, the singer knows it’s not love but asks his partner not to leave.
Did you know?
- The song has since become Smith's most successful single to date, peaking at number one in the United Kingdom and becoming his third chart topper there (second as a solo artist), as well as in Canada and New Zealand. It has so far peaked at number two in the United States, becoming Smith's first top five single there and has reached the top ten in over eleven countries worldwide.
- Within two months of the songs release Smith performed it on Saturday Night Live; Good Morning, America; David Letterman; and at the Apollo Theater with Mary J. Blige.
- Smith rose to fame in October 2012 when he was featured on Disclosure's breakthrough single "Latch", which peaked at #11 on the UK chart.
- Sam has admitted to suffering from obsessive-compulsive behavior. "I actually have OCD really bad, and it's getting a bit worse at the moment," he said. "I have to check taps... before I leave the house, to make sure I've checked everything in case it floods.”
- Smith considers Amy Winehouse as an influence, as well as, Beyoncé, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey.
- Many of the songs on his debut album were inspired by unrequited love, stating "In the Lonely Hour is about a guy that I fell in love with last year, and he didn’t love me back. I think I'm over it now, but I was in a very dark place. I kept feeling lonely in the fact that I hadn't felt love before."