Love Runs Out
Love makes people feel and do crazy things. The object of your love could be a partner, children, one’s career, life itself… the possibilities are endless. No matter what your love is… It's something different for everyone. Whatever it is that drives you to keep moving, to keep trying, until there is absolutely nothing left. You will keep morphing into whatever your object of love needs to keep going… until the “Love Runs Out”.
Did you know?
- The song debuted at number 81 on the Billboard Hot 100 and at number 22 and as of August 19, 2014 it has peaked at number 15.
- The first incarnation of what evolved into OneRepublic formed in 1996 after Ryan Tedder and Zach Filkins befriended each other during their senior year at Colorado Springs Christian High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado. During a drive home, as Filkins and Tedder discussed favorite musicians including Fiona Apple, Peter Gabriel and U2, they decided to put together a band. They enlisted a few musical friends and named their rock act This Beautiful Mess.
- OneRepublic's varied style of music has been described by Ryan Tedder: "We're no respecter of genre. If it's a good song or a good artist whether rock, pop, indie or hip hop, they've probably influenced us on some level... nothing's new under the sun, we're a sum of a bunch of parts." They cite The Beatles and U2 as heavier influences on its music.
- Ryan Benjamin Tedder is best known as the groups frontman but he has an independent career as songwriter and producer for various artists such as Adele, Beyoncé, Birdy, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Ellie Goulding, B.o.B, Kelly Clarkson, K'naan, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Lopez, Jordin Sparks, Leona Lewis, Gavin DeGraw, Sebastian Ingrosso, Gym Class Heroes, One Direction, James Blunt, Far East Movement, Paul Oakenfold, and Ella Henderson.
- Tedder's second cousins, Adam, Ashley and Austin Clark comprise the band Sons of Sylvia and were formerly in The Clark Family Experience.
- Zachary Douglas "Zach" Filkins is the groups lead guitarist. A significant part of Filkins's childhood was spent intensely studying classical guitar in Barcelona, Spain. He is fluent in Spanish.
- Filkins guest-starred as a forest ranger in the hit crime series Criminal Minds, Season 7 episode 6, titled "Epilogue."
- Before moving to Los Angeles and starting OneRepublic, Filkins did some modeling on the side in Chicago. He worked under Maximum Talent Agency and was featured in a few brands ads such as on Covington and Jockey Underwear. His torso image can still be seen on some packages of Jockey Underwear.
- Eddie Ray Fisher is the band’s drummer and percussionist. Fisher became interested in drumming when he was in 7th Grade after he saw a U2 concert in the Tempe Stadium, Arizona.
- Brent Michael Kutzle is best known for playing the bass guitar and cello for OneRepublic.
- Kutzle’s father, a pianist, was one of 84 pianists in the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic games opening ceremonies.