Even though she may be a ‘full figured’ woman she’s still got guys flocking toward her and buying her gifts because they like to have something to grab. The skinny chicks ain’t got nothin’ on her cuz she’s proud of her ‘assets.' She even plays a tribute to Sir Mix A-Lot: "My anaconda don't want none unless you've got buns, hun".
Did you know?
- "Anaconda" was originally recorded by five-time Grammy Award-winning musician Missy Elliott in 2012. However, due to undisclosed reasons, Elliott shelved the track, which was then re-recorded by Minaj.
- The cover art for the single went viral on the web after being released. On various digital music stores, the cover is censored with a Parental Advisory label over her backside.
- On the Billboard Hot 100, the song debuted at number 19, marking Minaj's 51st Hot 100 hit and subsequently breaking her out of a tie with Michael Jackson for overall career Hot 100 entries.
- Onika Tanya Maraj (Nicki Minaj) was born in Saint James, Trinidad and Tobago on December 8, 1982 and raised in Jamaica, Queens, New York.
- Minaj became the first female solo artist to have seven singles simultaneously chart on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- At the age of 19, Minaj worked as a waitress at a Red Lobster in the Bronx.
- Minaj lists the following artists as influences on her musical style: Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, Lil Wayne, Smokey Robinson, Lauryn Hill, Jadakiss, Natasha Bedingfield, Remy Ma, Lil' Kim and Missy Elliott. She has also been inspired by Janet Jackson, Madonna, Britney Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Jones, M.I.A. and Cyndi Lauper.
- She has become a fashion icon for her outlandish and colorful costumes, wigs, and clothing.
- In December 2011, Mattel produced a custom-made Minaj-themed Barbie doll to be auctioned on charitybuzz. It was valued at approximately $15,000.
- Minaj is the first and only female rapper to be featured on Forbes's Hip Hop Cash Kings list.
- In July 2011, Minaj's cousin Nicholas Telemaque was murdered near his home in Brooklyn, New York. Minaj referenced Telemaque in the song "Champion": "Cause they killed my little cousin, Nicholas/ But my memory's only happy images."
- Since the launch of her musical career, Nicki Minaj has been involved in numerous feuds with other female rappers and various musical icons.