Probz sings about how he’s trying to stay afloat during a rocky relationship, “I'm slowly drifting away/ Wave after wave”. He knows he’s not easy to love and wishes he could find a way to make it easier for her to love him. “I wish I could make it easy/Easy to love me."
Did you know?
- It was initially released as a stand-alone digital single on 25 November 2013, becoming a top ten hit in the Netherlands.
- The song became an international hit upon being remixed in a more uptempo fashion by German electronic music producer Robin Schulz.
- The remix propelled the song to greater success, topping the charts in Austria, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, and peaking within the top five of the charts in Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Ireland and Italy.
- Dennis Princewell Stehr was born May 15, 1984 and better known by his stage name Mr Probz. He is a Dutch singer-songwriter, rapper, producer and actor.
- He was active from a young age, and started with graffiti and wrote lyrics about his everyday experiences as an inner city youth.
- Mr. Probz was shot on the street in Amsterdam with fellow rapper Flex. Six months after the incident, he collaborated in with Kleine Viezerik on 'Meisje Luister' which reached #1 on the FunX Hip Hop Chart.
- Probz already had multiple tattoos; most of these are about family, religion or other personal stuff. After this incident, Mr. Probz got another tattoo on his hand saying "Tomorrow is never promised".
- Probz was nominated for a BNN/State Award in the category “Best Artist” becoming the first unsigned artist to get this nomination in the award show’s history.
- In his career Mr. Probz has recorded and worked closely with artists like Alchemist, Joell Ortiz, Joe Budden, Scott Storch, Yukmouth, Grafh, Raekwon, Royce da 5'9" and Giorgio Tuinfort, among many others.