All About That Bass
Employing 1950s-style doowop with a modern-day twist, Meghan Trainor declares "Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top" in a song praised by many for its catchy beat and body positive lyrics...so long as you're not one of those "skinny bitches." Nah, she's just playin'. She knows you think you're fat.
Did you know?
- Trainor has said, "I wrote this song because I myself struggle with this concept of self-acceptance. It was written from a real place so I’m glad that other people can relate to it."
- As of August 12, 2014 “All About the Bass” has peaked at number 1 in Australia, number 3 in New Zealand and number 8 on the US Billboard Top 100.
- Trainor was born in Nantucket, Massachusetts on December 22, 1993.
- She has been writing songs since she was 11 years old and when she was 13, her parents bought her a computer so she could produce songs.
- Trainor cites Trinidadian soca music as a major influence. Other influences include Christina Aguilera, Frank Sinatra and '50s style music.