Okay, when we were dating I was there for you, like, pretty much all of the time, but when I was going through a rough patch you weren't there for me at all, you just dumped me. But I still love you, so I'm going to follow this map back to you so we can rekindle what was obviously a really healthy relationship built on mutual respect and support.
Did you know?
- The song logged close to 1,800 first-day spins on radio and has since peaked at number six on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Maroon 5 is an American pop rock band that originated in Los Angeles, California. The group was formed in 1994 as Kara's Flowers while its members were still in high school.
- The band won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 2005 after having split up in 1997 and regrouping in 2001.
- Adam Levine was introduced to Ryan Dusick by a mutual friend and aspiring guitar player, Adam Salzman. Levine was seven years old and Dusick was nine.
- Levine attributes his mother's idols - Simon & Garfunkel,Fleetwood Mac and, most notably, The Beatles - to shaping his musical style, calling them "a huge part of my upbringing."
- The band has cited Michael Jackson, The Police, Talking Heads, Aaliyah, Oasis, Shabba Ranks and Prince as influences.
- Lead guitarist, James Valentine is an Eagle Scout. He was the president of his high school Lincoln Southeast High School's student council in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Drummer, Matt Flynn, replaced original drummer Ryan Dusick in 2004, has played drums for The B-52's, Chicago, Gavin DeGraw and Gandhi.