It Was Always You
They’d been friends their whole lives but he suddenly realized that she was the one he’d been looking for – right there in front of his eyes this whole time. “It was always you. Can't believe I could not see it all this time, all this time."
Did you know?
- As of September 13, 2014 “It Was Always You” has peaked at number 45 on the US Billboard Hot 100 Chart and reached the top 40 in Canada, Scotland, Bulgaria, Portugal and Spain.
- Maroon 5 is an American pop rock band that originated in Los Angeles, California. The group was formed in 1994 as Kara's Flowers while its members were still in high school.
- The band won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 2005 after having split up in 1997 and regrouping in 2001.
- Adam Levine was introduced to Ryan Dusick by a mutual friend and aspiring guitar player, Adam Salzman. Levine was seven years old and Dusick was nine.
- Levine attributes his mother's idols - Simon & Garfunkel, Fleetwood Mac and, most notably, The Beatles - to shaping his musical style, calling them "a huge part of my upbringing."
- The band has cited Michael Jackson, The Police, Talking Heads, Aaliyah, Oasis, Shabba Ranks and Prince as influences.
- Lead guitarist James Valentine is an Eagle Scout. He was the president of Lincoln Southeast High School's student council in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Drummer, Matt Flynn, replaced original drummer Ryan Dusick in 2004, has played drums for The B-52's, Chicago, Gavin DeGraw and Gandhi.