Girl In a Country Song
Maddie & Tae are taking aim and right now they've got bro country lined up in the crosshairs. Country music wasn't always about the girls being arm candy for the guys. Calling out specific country songs that do nothing but objectify women, M&T want you to know they're more than just props in your pick up truck. Yeah, they're gonna give you some of that...some of that hand smacking you in the face, anyway.
Did you know?
- As of September 8, 2014 “Girl in a Country Song” has peaked at number 16 on the US Hot Country Songs chart, 32 on the Canada Country chart and number 71 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- “Girl in a Country Song” is the singing duo’s debut single.
- Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe rated the single an "A," saying that "Maddie & Tae have written and recorded the antidote to something that ails country music right now, and thankfully, they’re not offering it up with any sugar to help that medicine go down."
- Maddie & Tae composed of vocalists Maddie Marlow and Taylor Elizabeth Dye.
- Maddie Marlow is a native of Sugar Land, Texas, and Taylor Dye is a native of Ada, Oklahoma.
- The two met age 15 through the assistance of a vocal coach who worked with both of them.
- After finishing high school, the two moved to Nashville, Tennessee to begin their musical career.
- In 2014, Big Machine revived the Dot Records name for a new imprint. Maddie & Tae were confirmed as the first signees of the label in June 2014.
- The duo’s authentic sounds were influenced early on by the Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain and Lee Ann Womack.