Everybody’s always watching the clock and waiting for Friday to come around so that they can enjoy a good drink. But the singers wonder ‘why wait’ just enjoy some “Day Drinking” and “Blame it on the work day/Blame it on the heatwave/Blame it on the tick-tock moving too slow/Blame it on any old thing you want to."
Did you know?
- The music video opens with the band members stuck in a traffic jam, before they get out of their vehicle, a red Cadillac convertible, and proceed to walk down the highway. Others follow suit and they all end up at a beach where fun festivities commence while alcohol beverages are consumed.
- "Day Drinking" has reached number 17 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart and at number 18 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It also reached number 76 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Little Big Town was founded in 1998 and has been comprised of the same four members since its inception: Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Jimi Westbrook, and Phillip Sweet.
- The quartet's musical style relies heavily on four-part vocal harmonies, with all four members alternating as lead singers, a formula similar to The Mamas and the Papas and Peter, Paul and Mary.
- Little Big Town have charted 14 songs on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts.
- Karen Fairchild and Jimi Westbrook married on May 31, 2006, although their marriage was not disclosed until two months later.
- Kimberly Roads married Stephen Schlapman on November 28, 2006. Kimberly was previously married to Steven Roads, who died from a heart attack in 2005. He was also the band's lawyer.
- Little Big Town has nominated for Vocal Group of The Year at the CMA Awards four times, winning in 2009 and 2014.