Following a break up with her guy, the singer is sitting home on a Friday night feeling sorry for herself. Her girlfriends keep calling her, saying she should forget about him and come out and party with them. She gets all spiffied up and heads on out to the club, where she proceeds to dance the night away and "let a stranger pull me on the floor/Spin me 'round and let him buy a couple more." But she's not there for a hook up, "'cause tonight it's all about/Dancing with my girls to the DJ."
Did you know?
- "Bartender" debuted at number 43 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart and has peaked at number 3. It has peaked at number 1 on the Canada Country Billboard, number 4 on the US Hot Country Songs and, as of August 20, 2014, number 31 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- The music video co-stars model Kate Upton and Veep/Arrested Development actor, Tony Hale.
- Lady Antebellum debuted the song during the American Idol season thirteen finale on May 21, 2014.
- Lady Antebellum is comprised of Hillary Scott (lead and background vocals), Charles Kelley (lead and background vocals, guitar), and Dave Haywood (background vocals, guitar, piano, mandolin).
- Scott is the daughter of country music singer Linda Davis, and Kelley is the brother of pop singer Josh Kelley.
- Lady Antebellum was awarded Top New Duo or Group by the Academy of Country Music and New Artist of the Year by the Country Music Association in 2008.
- Kelley moved to Nashville in mid-2005 from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, where he had been working construction with his brother John.
- The name Antebellum comes from when the group was photographing "antebellum" homes. While photographing the houses one of the group said that there's a great band in there, and they adopted the Lady Antebellum name shortly after.
- Scott claims she was rejected from the hit show American Idol twice, not even making it past the first round.