Kiesza is stuck on a feeling that keeps her on cloud nine and floating home. You're the push that keeps her going and the spark that keeps her dreaming. She doesn't want it to stop and she doesn't want you to go. Can't you just hideaway with her some more?
Did you know?
- "Hideaway" topped the UK Singles Chart upon release, selling over 136,000 copies in its first week, becoming the third-fastest selling single of 2014 in the United Kingdom.
- The song has also reached number 1 in Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands and Scotland, number 7 on the US Hot Dance/Electronic Songs charts and number 60 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Kiesza reported to Rolling Stone that she had trouble making the video, partly because she broke a rib just before filming, and "couldn't move for an entire month afterward."
- Kiesa Rae Ellestad was born January 16, 1989 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and is better known by her stage name Kiesza.
- When she was 16 she took part in the Sail and Life Training Society (SALTS) program and a year later she joined the reserves of the Royal Canadian Navy.
- It was whilst she was at crew singalongs at the Navy that she taught herself to play guitar.
- She attributes her time in the Navy as a reason why, in 2008, she gave away 4,500 CDs to Canadian troops serving in Afghanistan.
- She also trained as a ballerina. However, a knee injury at age 15 ended her ballet career.
- When Kiesza was 18, she says that her parents' divorce caused her to write her first song, as a way of expressing her feelings. The same year, she heard a song of hers played on the radio.
- She announced plans to release her own line of fashion under the name "SteamPop" sometime in 2014.
- Kiesza took part in the Young Canadians, performing tap and jazz dancing, as well as theatre.