This Is How We Do
The singer describes what she and her friends do when they hangout together. “grabbing tacos, checking out hotties," “Day drinking at the Wildcats, sucking real bad at Mariah Carey-oke." She insists that it’s all ok. “This is how we do, yeah, chilling, laid back/Straight stuntin' yeah we do it like that."
Did you know?
- The music video for the song sees the singer getting her nails done, doing karaoke with her friends while wearing outrageous outfits ranging from Yves Saint Laurent's Mondrian dress to a pepperoni pizza swimsuit.
- “This is How We Do” has peaked at number 13 on the Canadian Hot 100, number 24 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and in the top 40 in Australia, Belgium the Czech Republic, Ireland, Israel, the Netherlands, Scotland and Sweden.
- Katheryn Elizabeth "Katy" Hudson was born October 25, 1984 in Santa Barbara, California.
- She had limited exposure to secular music during her childhood and pursued a career in gospel music as a teenager, releasing her debut studio album, Katy Hudson, in 2001.
- Perry’s third album, “Teenage Dream” became the first by a female artist to produce five number-one Billboard Jackson's “Bad”.
- She has been included in the Forbes list of "Top-Earning Women In Music" for 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- In July 2011, she made her film debut voicing Smurfette in The Smurfs.
- In 2012, she released a documentary film, Katy Perry: Part of Me, which concentrated on her life as a touring artist and the dissolution of her brief marriage to English actor and comedian Russell Brand in the early 2010s.
- Growing up, Perry and her siblings were not allowed to eat Lucky Charms as the term "luck" reminded their mother of Lucifer, and had to call deviled eggs "angeled eggs".
- While not strictly identifying as religious, Perry has stated, "I pray all the time – for self-control, for humility."
- At 13, Perry was given her first guitar for her birthday and publicly performed songs she wrote.