All of Me
You're not perfect. You've got a smart mouth, and, frankly, you're kind of crazy. But John Legend, armed with a piano, wants you to know that all of him loves all of you, including your imperfections (which he thinks are perfect). Also, he's not perfect either and he knows it, but he'll give his all to you anyway. Do you hear that? That's the sound of literally every single engaged couple picking this song as for their first dance at the wedding.
Did you know?
- The song is a dedication to Legend's wife Chrissy Teigen.
- "All of Me" peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, number two in the United Kingdom and New Zealand, and topped the charts in Australia, Canada, Ireland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- John Legend was born John Roger Stephens on December 28, 1978 in Springfield, Ohio.
- In 2007, Legend received the special Starlight Award from the Songwriters Hall of Fame. He has won nine Grammy Awards.
- At the age of twelve, Legend attended North High School, from which he graduated as salutatorian four years later.
- He chose his stage name from an idea that was given to him by poet J. Ivy, due to what he perceived "old-school sound". J. Ivy stated, "I heard your music and it reminds me of that music from the old school. You sound like one of the legends. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to call you from now on! I'm going to call you John Legend."