Joe Nichols is enjoying another night in the hayfield when a girl strolls up to him like she owns the place, and he automatically is in favor of whatever she suggests. She plays him a song he thinks is too hippie and a drink he thinks is too fruity, but he says "yeah" every time she asks him if he likes it because she looks that good. Then she says she knows a spot where they can be alone and really, it's the first thing she suggests to him that he's ACTUALLY in favor of, so there's something, at least.
Did you know?
- In July 2014, “Yeah” became his fifth #1 hit on the Country Airplay chart.
- The song also peaked at number 1 on the Canada Country, number 7 on the US Hot Country Songs chart, number 41 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart.
- The song was certified Gold by the RIAA on July 29, 2014.
- Joseph Edward "Joe" Nichols was born November 26, 1976 in Rogers, Arkansas.
- His seven albums have produced fourteen Top 40 singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts, including four Number One singles.
- His father, who worked as a trucker, also played bass guitar in local country bands; eventually, Nichols himself found work in a local rock band, before taking a job as a country disc jockey.
- Nichols is part Cherokee Indian.
- His second album, Man with a Memory, earned Nichols a Top New Male Vocalist award from the Academy of Country Music, as well as three Grammy Award nominations and platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- In 2005, Anna Nicole Smith met Nichols at the Grand Ole Opry and she became a fan. After Smith's death, he performed two songs ("Wings of a Dove" and "I'll Wait for You") at her funeral service.
- On January 8, 2005, Nichols returned to Nashville to see a therapist after causing a scene in Steamboat Springs, Colorado while intoxicated on amphetamines and alcohol. He had been battling an addiction since 2002 after the death of his father. On October 13, 2007, Nichols was checked into a substance abuse rehabilitation program.
- Nichols married Heather Singleton on September 9, 2007, in Savannah, Georgia. He had known Singleton since they were both 19 years old. The couple has 2 daughters and Nichols has a third daughter from a previous relationship.
- Nichols is a lifelong fan of the St. Louis Cardinals.