You know what to do with that big fat butt, and Jason Derulo knows it. He also knows exactly what to say to you at the club when he sees you wigglin' it. "Go ahead and go ham sandwich." A professional rapper AND a sweet-talker? Oh, behave.
Did you know?
- Jason Derulo chose to collaborate with Snoop Dogg because he "is the coolest, most swagged-out rapper there is. He's iconic, and I wanted to go for a more iconic look for this one."
- The song has so far peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it Derulo's fifth and Snoop Dogg's twelfth top 10 single on the chart.
- On July 4, 2014, Derulo performed "Wiggle" on Good Morning America as part of its Summer Concert Series.
- Jason Joel Desrouleaux (born September 21, 1989), better known by his stage name Jason Derulo (a phonetic spelling of his last name) was born in Miami, Florida to Haitian parents.
- Since the start of his career as a solo recording artist in 2009, Jason has sold over 30 million singles and has achieved six Top 5 singles, including "Wiggle", "Talk Dirty", "The Other Side", "Ridin' Solo", "In My Head", and "Whatcha Say".
- Jason Derulo has been writing songs for artists including Diddy, Grant Goan, Danity Kane, Donnie Klang, Sean Kingston, Cassie, Lil Wayne since he was young, intent on becoming a solo performer.
- After attending performing arts schools and honing his talents as a singer and dancer, as well as acting in theatre productions like Ragtime and Smokey Joe's Cafe, Derulo won the grand prize on the 2006 season finale of the TV show Showtime at the Apollo.
- On March 28, 2012, Derulo appeared on American Idol to announce he would allow fans to help him finish the lyrics for a new song entitled "Undefeated", as part of a partnership with American Idol and Coca Cola. Fans were given the opportunity to submit their own lyrics to complete the song, and fans were then given the chance to vote on which lyrics they liked the most.
- On January 3, 2012, Derulo broke his neck doing some tumbling and acrobatics. He experienced an acute fracture to his vertebra after falling on his head. The type of injury he incurred is called a 'Hang Man's Break' because it is the same bone that is broken when someone is hanged. 95% of people with the same injury end up paralyzed or dead.