Burnin' It Down
Hangin' out, flirtin', sippin' some cold Jack Daniels while listenin' to some good ol' Alabama. "We about to get a little tangled up right now." Why let the night end when we can "rock it all night. Baby girl, will you rock it out with me?"
Did you know?
- During its first week in release, the song debuted at number 42 on Billboard's Hot Country Songs chart. In its second week, the song moved from 42 to 1 on the Hot Country Songs chart.
- "Burnin' It Down" is written by Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, and Florida Georgia Line members Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley.
- Jason Aldine Williams was born February 28, 1977 and is known professionally as Jason Aldean. He was born in Macon, Georgia.
- Of his singles, eleven have reached number one on the Hot Country Songs or Country Airplay charts: "Why," "She's Country," "Big Green Tractor," "The Truth," "Don't You Wanna Stay" (a duet with Kelly Clarkson), "Dirt Road Anthem," "Fly Over States," "Take a Little Ride," "The Only Way I Know" (a collaboration with Luke Bryan and Eric Church), "Night Train" and "When She Says Baby." Eight more of those singles have reached the Top 10 on the same charts.
- Before going to work during the day, his dad would map out guitar chords on notebook paper to show Aldean where to place his fingers to play the chords. Aldean sat and practiced all day while his dad was at work. When his dad got home, he got out his own guitar and they played together. Soon, after hearing a song only a few times, Aldean could play it.
- Aldean chose his stage name because he felt "Jason Williams" was too generic, along with the fact that the name is commonly associated with basketball--there were three players with the same name at the time his music career began. He changed the spelling of his middle name, Aldine, to come up with the name Aldean.
- Along with current Major League Baseball players Adam LaRoche and Ryan Langerhans, former MLB players Chipper Jones and Tombo martin, Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty, and fellow country singer Luke Bryan, Aldean own a hunting company called Buck Commander.