Iggy Azalea's gonna make you sorry you tried to break up with her. You think she's gonna just let you walk away like that? Nah. The Realest doesn't do that. The Realest is gonna love you until you hate her, until you beg her not to go, until she's the only thing on your mind no matter how much you try to forget her. By the end of it, you'll WISH she only loved you like a black widow; at least they show some mercy and just kill their mates outright.
Did you know?
- "Black Widow" was written by Azalea, Katy Perry, Sarah Hudson, Benny Blanco, and duo Stargate; the latter also produced the song.
- In the United States, "Black Widow" entered at number 9 on the Billboard Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart and number 97 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song debuted at number 86 on the Australian Singles Chart, number 91 on the UK Singles Chart and number 15 on the UK R&B Chart.
- Iggy Azaela was born Amethyst Amelia Kelly on June 7, 1990 in Sydney, Australia.
- Azalea became only the sixth artist to occupy the top two positions (Problem by Ariana Grande, featuring Azaela and Fancy) on the Hot 100, and the first to do so since Taylor Swift.
- Azalea is the third female artist to place her first two Hot 100 hits in the top five simultaneously, first two being Ashanti and Mariah Carey.
- Azalea is the first female rapper ever to have two songs concurrently in the top five of the Hot 100 chart.
- Azalea began rapping at the age of 14. She became infatuated with hip hop when she was 11, after hearing Tupac Shakur for the first time.
- She has been quoted as saying, "As far as people whose style interests me I'd say Grace Kelly, Gwen, Spice Girls, Victoria Beckham, and that nanny called Fran."