Florida Georgia Line sings about life in relation to dirt--it's the road you grew up on, what you threw the post-game party on, what you drew your girlfriend's name on, maybe what you eventually want to build a house (with her) on, and, ultimately, what you came from...and what you'll return to, some day.
Did you know?
- "Dirt" is the 6th consecutive single of the duo to peak at either #1 or in the Top 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
- Florida Georgia Line is composed of Brian Kelley (from Ormond Beach, Florida) and Tyler Hubbard (from Monroe, Georgia).
- The duo met through a mutual friend in Nashville, Tennessee while attending Belmont University.
- The duo revealed on August 15, 2014 that their second studio album will be titled Anything Goes with a release date of October 14, 2014.
- In February 2014, Hubbard sustained a back injury in a dirt bike accident.
- Brian Kelley secretly married his girlfriend, Brittney Marie Cole, of 7 months on December 16, 2013.
- They have also opened for Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, Jake Owen, Colt Ford, Jason Aldean and Dierks Bentley.
- Hubbard’s interest in music started in the church, where he began to learn guitar and eventually becoming the youth worship leader.
- During his sophomore year of college, Tyler lost his father in a tragic helicopter accident.
- Brian Kelley’s strongest influences include Brooks, Kenny Chesney & Casting Crowns.
- One of Brian’s other talents is baseball. In the fall of 2007, he transferred to Belmont University to play on their team. Before that Brian had played baseball for Florida State University and then Daytona State College. His love of the game could not overpower his love of music.
- At age 16, Brian began to sing. He would help out at his church’s youth band and to this day he is still very involved at Crossroads Church in Lebanon, that he calls home.