Fifth Harmony sees your music industry making women feel bad about themselves and raises you an uplifting jam about women gettin' theirs and not caring what men think about them. They're on that Michelle Obama swag, gettin' Oprah dollars, and they're C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-T the entire time. I would invite you to try to step to them, but they're already about a million yards ahead of you, little boy.
Did you know?
- On July 17, 2014, "Bo$$" debuted at number 43 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, with first-week sales of 75,000. It was the group's best week of sales, and "Bo$$" has been their highest-charting song.
- Fifth Harmony is an American girl group formed on the second season of The X Factor. The group consists of members Ally Brooke Hernandez, Normani Hamilton, Dinah Jane Hansen, Camila Cabello, and Lauren Jauregui.
- Fifth Harmony cites Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Whitney Houston, Spice Girls and Destiny's Child as their main influences.
- Fifth Harmony also cites solo artists Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Selena Quintanilla, Celia Cruz, Alejandro Fernandez, Lana Del Ray, Leona Lewis, as well as bands Journey, Paramore, and The Script as sources of musical inspiration.
- Each member has a different voice type: Lauren has a mature, smoky voice, which brings a fierce and "feisty flavor," Camila has a unique voice that gives the group a "raw edge," Normani has a bluesy vocal style that comes from her roots as a gospel singer, Ally has a "powerful" vocal range which has vibrate energy and Dinah has drawn comparisons to Beyonce and Alicia Keys.
- Fifth Harmony has a partnership with Girl Scouts of America, performing a number of free concerts for young girls who have participated in various fund-raising and charitable activities for the organization.
- In conjunction with the release of Fifth Harmony's single "Bo$$," the group launched a self-esteem campaign in partnership with "Do Something" called #ImABOSS. The campaign ran from July 9, 2014 to September 9, 2014. It encouraged young people to make signs for their friends that include a compliment or unique trait of those friends. Pictures of the signs can be entered into a competition with prizes including scholarship money and a chance to meet Fifth Harmony.