Sheeran tells a story of a night in Las Vegas by “Singing we found love in a local rave”. He was sitting next to this woman for most of the night, ignoring everyone else, just wishing they’d all disappear and he and this woman could be alone.
Did you know?
- "Sing" has since peaked at number thirteen on the Billboard Hot 100. In Italy, "Sing" has peaked at number two and spent five total weeks at this position.
- "Sing" debuted at number one on the Australian ARIA Charts in May 2014, making it Sheeran's first ever number one in the country, and his sixth top ten single in Australia.
- The song entered the New Zealand Singles Chart at number 8, becoming his fourth top 10 single and second top 10 debut in New Zealand. The song has since topped the charts in that country, giving Sheeran his second consecutive number-one single there.
- The song debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart, giving him his first ever number one singles in both United Kingdom and Ireland.
- In Canada, the track has since peaked at number 4, giving Ed Sheeran his first ever top 10 hits in the country.
- The song features production and additional uncredited vocals from Pharrell Williams.
- Sheeran and Pharrell Williams received the award for Best Male Video at the2014 MTV Video Music Awards for the video.
- Edward Christopher "Ed" Sheeran was born February 17, 1991and is an English singer-songwriter. Born in Hebden Bridge, raised in Framlingham, Suffolk.
- He was nominated for Best New Artist at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards.
- Sheeran, the younger of two boys, has an older brother, Matthew, who is a classical composer and postgraduate music student.
- He sang in a local church choir from the age of four, learned guitar at a very young age, and began writing songs during his time at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham.