Where it’s At (Yep, Yep)
It doesn't matter where he is - “a high rise looking for a good time shutting down the city lights or “in the water floating like a bobber soaking up that hot sunshine”…if she’s not there it’s not where he wants to be. He wants her right by his side no matter what. “On a plane or a train or way back in the sticks I swear, if she’s there, that’s where, yep yep, that’s where it’s at.”
Did you know?
- “Where it’s At (Yep, Yep)” was certified gold by the RIAA on August 21, 2014.
- As of August 30, 2014 the song has reached number 5 on the US Country Airplay chart, number 9 on the US Hot Country Songs chart, number 17 on the Canada Country chart and number 55 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- Dustin Charles Lynch was born May 14, 1985 in Tullahoma, Tennessee.
- Lynch moved to Nashville to attend college and to be closer to the country music's epicenter in 2003.
- Lynch has said, “Upon moving to Nashville, I realized I couldn't get into the clubs because I was underage but I could attend writers rounds. I rented a place right by the Bluebird and was a writers round junkie. Each time I'd attend a show at Bluebird I'd learn a little bit more about how these big radio hits were written. I consider it my undergrad education in songwriting”.
- He has been nominated for Single of the Year: New Artist and Music Video of the Year: New Artist (2012), Breakthrough Video of the Year (2013) and Top New Artist (2014).
- Lynch grew up influenced by what he calls "the class of '89," Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, and Clint Black, all of whom had their first national success in 1989.