The singer is enamored with his love and he’s “Latching on to you (I'm latching on to you)
I won't let go of you." A bit creepy or romantic?
Did you know?
- Originally, Disclosure thought that "Latch" was "too weird for the radio and not clubby enough for the clubs" because of its time signature. When first hearing of Sam Smith's voice, Guy and Howard thought he was a woman and later were "amazed" that he wasn't.
- The song is a sleeper hit in the US. The song has reached number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, becoming the duo's first Top 10 hit in the United States and Smith's second.
- Disclosure is an English electronic music duo, consisting of brothers Guy (born 25 May 1991) and Howard Lawrence (born 11 May 1994). The siblings grew up in Reigate, Surrey.
- Sam Smith, winner of 2014's Brits critics' choice award and a young man destined for success, even though, on the day the record reached No 11 in the UK in October 2012, he was still serving pints at his mother's pub in London.
- Their debut album Settle, released on 3 June 2013, was nominated for Best Dance/Electronica Album at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
- When Guy started partying at 18, he discovered his love for dance music and brought it home to share with his then-underage brother, Howard.