Ready Set Roll
As he pulls up into her driveway to pick her up she’s “got my heart bum bumping”. He can’t believe his eyes as she’s made herself up so pretty, “Baby, you rock, hit the spot like a fireball shot”. They’re gonna cruise around town – her by his side “'Till the sun comes up”.
Did you know?
- The song has peaked at number 12 on the US Hot Country Songs chart, number 40 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart and number 63 on the US Billboard Hot 100 as of September 1, 2014.
- Jonathan Keefe of Country Universe rated the song "F", criticizing its clichéd lyrics and objectification of women, also saying that "thanks to a dated, cheap-sounding production job and Rice’s limited vocal ability, 'Ready Set Roll' doesn’t even work as a throwaway, escapist single."
- Chase Rice was born September 19, 1986 and raised in Asheville, North Carolina.
- Rice co-wrote the number one single performed by Florida Georgia Line, "Cruise".
- For college Rice attended the University Of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was a linebacker on the football team.
- After graduating from UNC, Rice was selected to join the Hendrick Motorsports pit crew as the rear tire carrier for Ryan Newman’s Nationwide series car. He also worked on Jimmie Johnson's Cup car and won two championships with the Lowe's team.
- Rice cites his father as the inspiration for his country career, recalling his father telling him "boy anyone can play guitar, but no one is gonna really listen to you until you start singing."