Bobby Shmurda's been selling crack since, like, the fifth grade. He knows how to keep his business going--make the money, then put it back in. He goes hard with all his boys and the cops don't intimidate them in the least. He's the big dude on campus and no one messes with him (if they do, they get dropped). He really wants his friends to get out of jail though.
Did you know?
- The actual name of the song is “Hot Nigga” with the ‘clean’ version being “Hot Boy."
- The music video contains a choreography that was later named the "Shmoney dance."
- In July 2014, Beyoncé did the dance move on a venue of her On the Run Tour. The move was also performed by Justin Bieber and NFL receiver Brandon Gibson after a touchdown.
- Several unofficial remixes by various rappers have been made including Juicy J, French Montana, Lil Kim, Gunplay, T.I., and Jeezy.
- The song has peaked at No. 43 on the Billboard Hot 100, number 7 on the US Hot Rap Songs chart and number 15 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
- Bobby Shmurda was born Ackquille Pollard in Florida to a Jamaican father and Trinidadian mother.
- After his father was incarcerated, Pollard and his mother relocated to East Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- Pollard started rapping at age ten.
- Shmurda spent fifteen months in detention for a probation violation and was also arrested on gun charges, which were ultimately dropped.