Beyonce wants women to be empowered and not to feel the pressure to always be perfect with every hair in place and their makeup perfect. "You wake up, flawless/ Post up, flawless/ Ride round in it, flawless/ I woke up like this/ I woke up like this." A woman’s life is not all about finding the perfect guy to settle down and make a family with. "I took some time to live my life/But don’t think I’m just his little wife."
Did you know?
- As of September 12, 2014 “Flawless” has peaked at number 25 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number 82 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- The remix version of the song features newly added verses and explicit lyrics by both Beyoncé and Minaj and marks their first collaboration together.
- The lyrics in which Beyoncé sings about the infamous elevator accident between her husband Jay-Z and her sister Solange Knowles received acclaim and media attention.
- Beyoncé sent Minaj a new version she wanted for the remix and told Minaj, "I want you to be you. I don't want you to hold back."
- Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter was born September 4, 1981and is better known as Beyoncé. She was born and raised in Houston, Texas.
- Beyoncé rose to fame in the late 1990s as lead singer of R&B girl-group Destiny's Child.
- A self-described "modern-day feminist", Beyoncé's songs are often characterized by themes of love, relationships, and monogamy, as well as female sexuality and empowerment.
- Throughout a career spanning 16 years, she has won 17 Grammy Awards and sold over 75 million records as a solo artist, and a further 60 million with Destiny's Child making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
- In 2014, she ranked atop of Forbes' Celebrity 100 and became the highest-paid black musician in history.
- Beyoncé's name is a tribute to her mother's maiden name, Beyincé.
- Beyoncé attended St. Mary's Elementary School in Fredericksburg, Texas, where she enrolled in dance classes. Her singing talent was discovered when dance instructor began humming a song and she finished it, able to hit the high-pitched notes.