Ariana Grande is sick of the fighting and the finger pointing and the endless cycle of break-up-make-up-break-up-again. Maybe she knows it isn't going to work, but she's still in love and she's still holding on. Meanwhile, Big Sean says the only lying he's doing is when he's lying you down, and if he's not the one then he's definitely the best mistake you ever had.
Did you know?
- The release of the song added more speculation to the relationship rumors between Grande and Big Sean.
- As of August 29, 2014, "Best Mistake" has reached number 23 in Finland, number 29 in Denmark & New Zealand, 39 in Canada, 74 in Japan, and number 49 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
- This song made Grande the first female to have three songs in the top ten on the US Billboard Hot 100, the other two being "Bang Bang" and "Break Free."
- Ariana Grande-Butera (known professional as Ariana Grande) was born June 26, 1993, and raised in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Grande made her acting debut in 2008, playing the role of Charlotte in 13 on Broadway. From 2010 to 2013 she played Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon sitcom Victorious, and reprised her role on the spinoff Sam & Cat (2013-14).
- Her elder half-brother Frankie is an actor, dancer, producer, and a contestant on season sixteen of Big Brother.
- Grande has cited Whitney Houston, Gloria Estefan, Madonna, Destiny's Child, Fergie, Christina Aguilera, India Arie, Imogen Heap, and Amy Winehouse as influences.
- At the age of ten, Grande co-founded the South Florida youth singing group Kids Who Care, which performed for charitable fund-raising events, raising over $500,000 for charities in 2007 alone.